Double Jackpot is a Video Poker game which is a modified version of Jacks or Better. The basic changes to the Jacks or Better paytable are that Four of a Kind hands have increased payouts, while Two Pairs pay less.
For ease of comparison, the below table displays the best House Edge for Double Jackpot available at each software provider;
|Software||5 coins House Edge|
* Available at Bodog group.
Online we’ve found Double Jackpot Video Poker at casinos using RealTime Gaming software. The paytables for the different softwares are displayed below;
Some notes on the tables below;
– We’ve included both the 5 coin House Edge and the House Edge when playing 1-4 coins. The House Edge for 1-4 coins are the same and as such only one figure is listed. To find the house edge/paytable for 2-4 coins just multiple the 1 coin figure by the number of coins.
|Realtime Gaming (Bodog group)||5 coins||1-4 coin|
|4oaK Aces with J-K||800||160|
|4oaK Aces with other||400||80|
|4oaK J-K with J-A||400||80|
|4oaK J-K with other||200||40|
|Jacks or Better||5||1|
* The paytables for 2, 3 and 4 coins are just the paytable for 1 coin multiplied by the number of coins. The House Edge for 1-4 coins are all equal at 1.60%.
|Realtime Gaming (Club World group)||5 coins||1-4 coin|
|4oaK Aces with J-K||700||140|
|4oaK Aces with other||350||70|
|4oaK J-K with J-A||350||70|
|4oaK J-K with other||175||35|
|Jacks or Better||5||1|
* The paytables for 2, 3 and 4 coins are just the paytable for 1 coin multiplied by the number of coins. The House Edge for 1-4 coins are all equal at 2.24%.
* There are usually 3 paytable variants for RealTime Gaming software. We’ve only encountered two Double Jackpot paytables at quality groups. There are relatively few RealTime Gaming casinos that we would recommend playing with and the paytables we have found have been taken from those few groups that maintain a positive reputation.
If you encounter a different paytable you can use our Paytable Analyser to find the House Edge for the game.
To find out the correct play for individual hands use our Strategy Calculator which will tell you the correct cards to hold for the paytable you are playing.
If you intend to play a lot of Double Jackpot we would advise learning the optimal strategy for the game you’ll be playing. Below you’ll find a strategy trainer that will allow you to practice the game and correct you when you make mistakes;
*All figures in this article rely on use of a strategy optimized to the specific paytable in use. Use of any other strategy will increase the House Edge. You can find the optimized strategy for any paytable using the calculators on this page.